|Position Title||Network Engineer II|
|Department||OIT-SysOps (Systems and Operations)|
|Salary Range||$55,667.70 - $74,610 DOQ|
|Position Status||Regular full-time|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Posting Open Date||03/07/2017|
|Posting Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Desired Start Date|
The Lonestar Education And Research Network (LEARN) is a consortium of 39 organizations throughout Texas that includes public and private institutions of higher education, community colleges, the National Weather Service, and K-12 public schools. The consortium, organized as a 501©3, connects these organizations, and over 630+ affiliated organizations, together with high performance optical network services to support their research, education, healthcare and public service missions. LEARN provides Layer 1 and MPLS transport services. It also provides IP connectivity to a global research network through Internet2 and other networks, and commercial Internet services (CIS) to its members.
|Minimum Education and Experience||
Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of experience in related field.
|Preferred Education and Experience||
• BS degree with minimum of 3 years of experience working directly with large system or network environments OR 6 years of professional experience with advance service provider network environment.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities||
• Provide system administration and network support to LEARN. LEARN operates a high-speed Wide Area Network (WAN) and ISP environment consisting of circuits, multiplexers, optical switches, routers, and packet switches.
The individual will work in a small team environment, but will have significant interaction with network and service providers, and members ranging from K-20, higher education, University system networks, other regional and national networks, content providers, and application providers.
Visa sponsorship is not available.
• On-call availability for resolving network emergencies, both during regular and off-hours.
|Special Instructions Summary|
1) The University of Texas at Dallas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (M/F/D/V).
2) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
(Open Ended Question)