Network Engineer III
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Network Engineer III|
|Department||OIT-SysOps (Systems and Operations)|
|Salary Range||$60424.00 - $85000.00 DOQ|
|Position Status||Regular full-time|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Posting Open Date||03/16/2017|
|Posting Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Desired Start Date|
The Lonestar Education And Research Network (LEARN) is a consortium of 39 organizations throughout Texas that includes public and private institutions of higher education, community colleges, the National Weather Service, and K-12 public schools. The consortium, organized as a 501©3, connects these organizations, and over 630+ affiliated organizations, together with high performance optical network services to support their research, education, healthcare and public service missions. LEARN provides Layer 1 and MPLS transport services. It also provides IP connectivity to a global research network through Internet2 and other networks, and commercial Internet services (CIS) to its members.
Position Location: This position requires the candidate to currently operate from a home office in a virtual office environment.
Travel Requirements: Travel to LEARN POPs and member locations throughout the Central, North and Southeast regions of Texas regularly and throughout the state of Texas occasionally.
|Minimum Education and Experience||
|Preferred Education and Experience||
• BS degree with minimum of 5 years of experience working directly with complex network environments OR 9 years of professional experience in advance service provider network environment
Equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience will be considered.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities||
• Provide engineering and support services to LEARN customers and members. LEARN operates a high-speed Wide Area Network (WAN) and ISP environment consisting of circuits, multiplexers, routers, and network switches.
The individual will work in a small team environment, but will have significant interaction with network and service providers, and members ranging from K-20, higher education, University system networks, other regional and national networks.
•On-call availability for resolving network emergencies, both during regular and off-hours.
Location of Position: Central, North and Southeast regions of Texas
International sponsorship is not available for this position.
|Special Instructions Summary|
1) The University of Texas at Dallas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (M/F/D/V).
2) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Please describe any/all experience related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
How many years of work experience in a higher education environment do you have?
- Less than two years
- Two to five years
- Five to seven years
- More than seven years
How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Veteran Employment Preference - Form DD-214